Thinking about getting started with FOLIO? Check out the resources below to familiarize yourself with the platform.
See FOLIO in action
Check out these videos to learn about FOLIO:
Ready to experience FOLIO for yourself?
Access one of our demo sites and explore FOLIO features and functionality.
Login: diku_admin / admin
Work with a demo site
Once you’ve accessed a demo site, you can experiment with the platform to see how it works. Some examples of things you can try include:
- Check out an item, and check it back in
- Update an item record with QuickMARC
- Update licenses and agreements for an electronic resource
- View and edit a patron record
Install FOLIO for yourself
You’ve played with the platform, and now you’re ready to install something for yourself. There are different ways to set up and run FOLIO. The type of installation you do and the components you install depends upon your goals.
Core vs. complete
FOLIO is a large system and can take considerable space and resources to install. The inclusive version of the system is called “platform-complete” and contains all FOLIO related modules. For evaluation or other purposes, you may want to install a pared down version of the platform that takes up less space and still enables you to work with a functioning system. FOLIO refers to this pared down version as “platform-core”. It is the minimally viable subset of system components that are needed to run FOLIO.
Some reasons to use “platform-core” include:
- You’re a developer, and want to install a working subset of FOLIO components for your development effort
- You’re a developer, and want to spin up a test environment to check your work
- You’re a system administrator, and want to install FOLIO so library staff can get a feel for the system
- You’re a commercial vendor, and you’re considering providing FOLIO services
See Install FOLIO for types of installations and deployments.